I am (finally) submitting my PhD thesis shortly and people keep on asking me what I plan to do next.
To be honest, I am not sure. Who knows what will come next! But, I thought I would share some of soil-related things I'd love to do when I finish.
Right after I submit...
* Celebrate with close friends, colleagues and family
* Have a holiday
* Teach my awesome students at CIT
* Look for work with awesome people in soil or mining science
* Spend time in the Hackerspace doing some art-meets-science projects
* Blog my thesis and all sorts of things that are soil
* Spend some time doing soil education and workshops at the Hackerspace
* Collaborate with others on an open access soil journal that bridges managers and scientists (e.g. Flamma)
* Collaborate with others on soil and environmental advocacy and educational work
* Work on open access and accessibility to soil research and methods (e.g. wikis)